Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Team Brinzilla Has Been Created

Apparently it's been a long time since I have updated my blog since I had to google where to log-in!

Today I registered our family for the March of Dimes - March for Babies Walk. Here is a little info from their website: Why We Walk - When you walk in March for Babies, you give hope to the more than half a million babies born too soon each year. The money you raise supports programs in your community that help moms have healthy, full-term pregnancies. And it funds research to find answers to the problems that threaten our babies. We’ve been walking since 1970 and have raised an incredible $2 billion to benefit all babies.

Obviously this is an important cause and having a child who was extremely premature and small this has an extra special place in my heart. Not a day goes by where I don't know just how blessed and fortunate we are to have this healthy girl. A baby who came out on room air and actually cried (we were warned that she wouldn't cry because of her size and not to be alarmed), a baby that weighed 1 lb, 15 oz and yet was able to leave the NICU and go home less than 7 weeks after she was born which was 4 weeks before she was even due, a baby that gives me kisses everyday and helped to make my dreams come true of being a mom. I know, I'm sappy.

So in honor of our wonderful, crazy, loving, beautiful daughter, Team Brinzilla has been created and will be walking for MOD in Detroit on April 29th (our anniversary which to me makes it even more special). Hope to see our family and friends there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates